Welcome to Nepali Food Cooking Class! We at Himanshu Home Stay train you in cooking various Nepalese cuisines such as Momo, Chapati, Paratha, Aachar, Chiya and many more among which “Dal-Bhat” being the main. During your stay in Nepal, why not carry back some of the recipes of Nepalese cuisines back to your country? There can be no other best time and place to learn cooking Dal-Bhat, than right here in Nepali Food Cooking Class by Nepali Aama Cook. The advantage of taking the Nepali Cooking Class is the cooking skills you gained in Nepal become the souvenir from Himalaya that requires no extra luggage for your friends and family members. Also, taking Nepali cooking class is itself a skill for a lifetime to keep you away from hunger even in the presence of cooking materials in your kitchen. Our main Nepali cuisine Dal Bhat is a bowl of lentil soup and rice. It is considered to be the national food of Nepal. About 75% of people eat Daal Bhat as their regular diet twice a day in Nepal. Being said that, it is no surprise to share with you that many tourists who visit Nepal once eat Dal-Bhat. Many trekkers who go for strenuous treks are often found to be praising Dal- Bhat diet for giving them enough energy during their trip. In fact, a popular saying was made “Daal Bhat Power-24 hours”.
Nepali Food Cooking Class by Nepali Aama Cook has local professional Nepalese cooks who are very passionate about preparing the delicious Nepalese style dishes. You can learn the secrets of preparing Nepali food in an authentic way. The classes contain a small group of fewer than six people. So, it would be easy for you to grasp every tiny detail about Nepalese cuisines. What’s more exciting is Himanshu Home Stay serves you to experience a true local Nepali home-style learning environment. Along with cooking skills, you will also be introduced to Nepali culture and lifestyle. If you are someone who is thinking of learning cooking in Nepalese style, join our Nepali Cooking Class at Himanshu Home Stay and enjoy our hospitality in the tranquil environment of a homestay.
- Shop at the Local market as you source ingredients for your cooking classes.
- Meet a Nepali family, from whom you’ll learn to make local dishes as they cook every day at their home.
- Learn Nepali phrases and cooking terminology along the way which even Lonely planet forget to teach you.
- Enjoy the taste of everyday life as you share your cooking with the family!
Vegetarian Plan USD 27 per person, per class
Note: If you stay overnight and do Nepali home stay then it is USD 37 per person per night.
(Drinks are not included)
If only overnight stay at home stay USD 17 per person per night
- 9:30 am: Hotel pickup – let us know your name of the hotel
- 10:00 am: Lunch cooking class commences with some local Masala and Veg. shopping
- 12:00-1:00 pm: Enjoy your dish for lunch with the family
- Return to hotel / airport
- 4:30 pm: Hotel pickup
- 5 pm: Dinner cooking class with host family with some local Masala and Veg. shopping
- 6:30- 8 pm: Enjoy the dinner you prepared with the whole family
- 8:30 pm: Return to hotel / airport
- Daal (Lentil Soup)
- Bhat (Cooked White Rice)
- Tarkari (Spiced Vegetables)
- Saag (Green Leafs)
- Dahi (Yogurt) and Chiya – Mansala tea
- MOmo making ( optional)
- Paratha bread making ( optional)
- Chapati bread making ( optional)
Booking for Nepali Cooking Class is easy. You can simply dial +977 9851017772 or call us at +977 01-4881807. You can also contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us just one day before the course for confirmation.